Similis is free for students and freelance translators !
(please contact us for LSP and enterprise pricing)
please check our corporate site www.lingua-et-machina.com
- Download the SimilisFreelance-2.16.04-Setup.exe file (160MB) to a folder on your computer that you can easily access.
- We suggest that you copy this file to an external source, for example an external hard drive or USB key.
- Start the install program and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Once the install is finished, start the Similis application.
- Upon the first use of the Similis application you will be prompted to retrieve your free license key.
- If you choose to proceed without a free license key the Similis application will operate with limited functionality.
- The license key is valid for two computers (desktop and/or laptop), and gives you access to all Similis functions and program updates.
- Before installing, check that the glossaries and the memories are available and that the alignment and translation tasks are validated (i.e. not in the Reserved for Editing mode).
- Your license and your data will be preserved.
- Temporarily disable your antivirus software during the installion process.
- If your Operating System prevents the Similis’ application to startup, right click on the icon and select the "start as administrator" menu.
- You can consult Similis guide de prise en mains rapide (in French).
- Additional questions? Check our FAQ page
- Need additional help? Contact us at email@example.com after subscribing to our annual service contract.